Saturday, September 02, 2006

Bad news, pilgrims

According to The (unofficial) Robotech Reporter, FUNimation's going to delay the DVD release of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. When will they finally release the DVD? It might be sometime between December, 2006 and early 2007, from my estimated guess.

I know you Robotech fans are dissapointed by the news of the DVD's delay, but, even though I live in Savannah, GA, I have no idea when the theatrical release of said film will be playing here in the Coastal Empire. If it does play here, then I hope that the Regal 10 (an art house theater) will play it because I don't want to bum a ride to either Hilton Head Island, SC or Jessup, GA to see Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles there.

On the bright side, I do recall seeing an anime film back in San Antonio called Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust at the Fiesta 16 in December, 2001. So, maybe Harmony Gold shouldn't overlook small towns such as Savannah, GA when it comes to distributing Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles in theaters.

Well, here's hoping.

No comments: